ObjectsInstancesRelationshipsConnections

An exploration through the world of Objects, instances; Relationships and connections.

Friday, November 11, 2005

What is OiRc about?

OiRc is primarily about two things:

1) Getting my MCNY bachelor's degree in business.

I'll be doing this by using this blog, a soon to be produced podcast to hold the text of my CA (Constructive Action) for this term: Managing Financial Resources and the eventual VodCast (Video on demand) about what this cast is really about.

2) Getting the word out about Objects, instances, Relationships and connections out to a very specialized crowd, the IT people who put us where we are today.

3) Getting some musical content out here. See my other blog for what I intend to do.

This blog, podcast and the vodcasts are not about media (though blogging has some big implications for content, content delivery, control over the timeliness of the delivery and over affiliations which were established by the broadcast model, the very model which sees itself as under attack by the internet and the time and location shifting that the internet enables.)

I am used to writing using a wiki, a collaborative workspace which is editable over time and where topics can be expanded on by giving them their own pages through the use of WikiWords which serve as anchors to the pages.

Instead I will have to change my writing style to adapt to the 'blog' scroll style of writing.

I am about to take several days to describe

  • Abstract. (Which is actually written at the end, so it is definitly not easy to blog.)
  • Topic Statement. (Which is sort of this entry, since this CA is a blog about blogging.)
  • Situation Analysis. (Which describes the narrow view and the wider operational view in which I am writing this.)
  • Workplace Analysis. (Where I describe the place(s) which are affected by the result of this work.)
  • Needs Analysis. (Where I describe the lacunae of the workplace and/or the situation.)
  • Opportunity Analysis. (Where I describe what the actual benefits of any action to be taken.)
  • Plan Of Action. (Where I outline a potential course of action.)
  • Background Research. (Where I give references for my sources. There are lots of them and some people as well who have helped my in my opus.)
  • Annotated Bibliography. (Where I list all of my sources, though I am wondering if I should include stores and price lists.)
  • Implementation Phase. (The fact that you're reading this indicates that it is being implemented and the blog 'scroll' style keeps the events and the sequence there of quite clear.)
  • Final Assessment Phase. (Where will hopefully write that this was a success.)
This will be the structure of the blog but the podcast is about the structure of ownership and IP (Intellectual Property.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home